The agency is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, gender, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
POSITION: PRN NURSE PRACTITIONER
Education: Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited School of Nursing; completion of a nurse practitioner program, or certified as a Nurse Practitioner.
Licensure: Current registration in the State of Ohio and eligibility to obtain registration in Indiana. Current registration in the State of Indiana and eligibility to obtain registration in Ohio.
Experience: Minimum of five years nursing experience; clinical nursing care in oncology, hospice, geriatrics, or intensive care.
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must have corrected hearing and vision within normal range.
- Knowledge of the interdisciplinary team concept.
- Demonstrated skills with a record of accomplishments in working with community providers, agencies, and professional staff.
Working Conditions: Involves both office work and traveling to patient homes. Travel may be in inclement weather. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. of equipment/supplies. Needs to be able to assist with patient care activities such as ambulation, transfers, and positioning. Requires varied amounts of sitting, standing, and turning.
- Provide consultation concerning symptom management and supportive care to meet the needs of patients and families.
- Oversee implementation of plan of care, evaluates and changes Plan of Care as necessary to meet patient/family needs.
- Counsels patient, families, and/or caregivers as to preventative care medical, psychological, and spiritual problems in conjunction with interdisciplinary team to meet the needs of patients.
- Perform “face to face” visits as directed.
- Complete Palliative Care Consults as directed.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Facilitate clarification of patient and family goals of care.
- Facilitate access to appropriate support models of care such as respite, nursing home, or hospital
- Provide required visits to patients prior to re-certification periods.
- Collaborated with interdisciplinary teams concerning the treatment and management of the patient’s Plan of Care.
- Consults with the referring physician concerning the admission, treatment plan, and management of the patient.
- Collaborate with the Admission Team and Team Managers concerning admissions and referrals
- Prescribe medications to the extent delegated and licensed after collaboration with the Medical Director.
- Document comprehensive medical history, identified pertinent patient information and progress, medications and diagnostic studies as required.
- Update interdisciplinary team on changes made to the patient’s Plan of Care.
- Attend physician or other meetings as directed by the Medical Director or Executive Director.
Click Here to fill out Online Application
Applications may also be printed and mailed to:
State of the Heart Hospice
1350 N Broadway
Greenville, OH 45331
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org